NOW HIRING: Human Resources Generalist
Crafting fresh-off-the-farm brews from the middle of a hop field, Bale Breaker Brewing Company is a family-owned brewery located in the beautiful Yakima Valley. Backed by four generations of hop farming experience, Bale Breaker started in 2013, and has grown to become the fourth largest independent craft brewery in Washington. With a 30-barrel brewhouse and a 27,000 square foot facility, we craft five year-round canned beers, including the widely celebrated Topcutter IPA. We also have a 5-barrel pilot brewhouse, the Imagination Station, where we test and develop new recipes. We currently distribute statewide in Washington as well as in northern Idaho and western Oregon.
We are currently seeking a hard-working and passionate individual to join our team as a full-time Human Resources Generalist. This individual would be responsible for development and administration of all HR initiatives, the administration of the human resources department, including the functions of recruitment, compensation, employee relations, and benefits. Provide HR support to all departments, interpret policy and ensure the HR department’s operations run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization. This job is based in Yakima, WA.
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Administer compensation and benefit plans
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Organize quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Manage Safety Program, including but not limited to preventing and managing worker’s compensation claims and OSHA regulations
- Cross train with finance, including but not limited to AR, AP, Payroll
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws in both Washington State and Oregon
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience as an HR Manager or Generalist (essential).
- Deep understanding of human resources, employment and labor laws and regulations.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Extensive knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational and conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion principles and practices.
- Knowledge of organizational development principles and practices.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Human Resources Generalist”. DEADLINE: September 18, 2020
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bale Breaker Brewing Company strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Posted August 31, 2020